The recipe for Coriander Chutney showcases fresh aromatic ingredients that are blended together to make a vibrant verdant flavor pack condiment with a spicy kick. The balanced taste sensation of sweet, sour, salty, and the spicy heat of the Serrano peppers will tantalize your taste buds and warm your heart making it the perfect addition to accent any Indian dish such as samosas, pakoras, papadam, tandoori chicken, or to simply top steamed basmati rice for a snack.
The Freshness of Ingredients is Key! When shopping for the ingredients for this recipe look for the best produce you can find. This will provide you with the best flavor possible. Note that the tender stems along with the leaves from the coriander (cilantro) should be utilized for optimal flavor. Just trim any discolored root ends before coarsely chopping it and adding it to the blender.
The full instructional video for Coriander Chutney is at the bottom of this blog post. Follow this link to “LIKE” and “SUBSCRIBE” to my YouTube Channel “Just One Bite, Please?”
- Cutting Board
- Chefs Knife
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Small Serving Bowl
Coriander Chutney (Dhanya Chatni)
- Measured Ingredients
- 2 cups Coriander (coarsely chopped,
- ½ cup Shredded Coconut (sweetened)
- ¼ cup White Onion (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- ¼ cup Ginger (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 1 – 2 each Serrano Peppers (stem removed and chopped)
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp. Sea Salt
Blending the Coriander Chutney:
- In a blender combine the coriander, shredded coconut, white onion, ginger, Serrano pepper, lemon juice, water, granulated sugar and sea salt.
- Blend on high until the chutney is finely pureed and well blended.
- Taste for salt and adjust if necessary.
- Pour the Coriander Chutney into a serving bowl.
- Serve as accompaniment to Samosas, Pakoras, Dosas, and Tandoori Chicken Skewers.
Note: Store the remaining Coriander Chutney in a airtight container in the refrigerator. Store up to 4 days. The Coriander Chutney is best when served room temperature.